“Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you will never walk alone.”
-Rodgers & Hammerstein, Carousel
Why We Exist
This website exists as an extension of the mission of the Community Coalition on Grief & Bereavement in the four counties of the northwest corner of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
The Mission of the Community Coalition on Grief & Bereavement is to provide grief education, support and referrals to the people of Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw and Ontonagon Counties.
Goals and Objectives:
- To provide grief education, support, and referrals to the people of Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw and Ontonagon Counties.
- Collaborate with community groups to present educational seminar/workshops..
- Keep the public up to date on grief education opportunities on our web site.
- Continue to collaborate with Dial Help in providing grief support at requested.
- To Improve the financial status of the coalition.
- Seek opportunities for grant funding for coalition efforts.
- Educate the community on the benefit of donating to our 501c3 organization.
- Continue to sell coalition postcards at community events.
- To provide awareness of the mission of the coalition to the community.
- Continue to publish coalition minutes and information on our website.
- Maintain the coalition’s visibility in the community by seeking media coverage for meetings, programs, and events.
- Recruit new Members.
- Collaborate with other organizations pursuing similar mission.
- Promote community grief and bereavement program from the coalition speaker’s bureau.
Click here to view our Meeting Minutes
2018 – 2019 Officers
- Nancy Wakeman, Chairperson 2019
- Marja Salani, Vice-Chairperson 2020
- Barbara Kendall, Secretary 2020
- Kathryn Moore, Treasurer 2019
- Bonnie Johnson, Financial Auditor 2019
Members at Large
- Michael Lutz 2020
- Sarah Baratono 2020
- Kristine Putz 2020
- Pam Anderson 2019
- Debby Vaara 2019
- Cindy Drake 2019